Monday, January 26, 2009


Today is a great day.... still winter! Yeah! Hoping for snow accumulation on the ground tonight! Wintery mix is what the news is calling for! Schools maybe closed-wow! I am amazed at how quickly they close schools here in TN. Guess we Nashvillians don't know how to drive in winter weather her! LOL!

We had a record high at our church over the weekend. I attend Joy Church International. Google it, and you will be amazed at the Joy even on the website! Hince the name Joy... Neh 8:10 the Joy of the Lord is our strength. As I meditate on that I gather that Joy is not in circumstances or situation or life and what it may bring. Its simply having Joy in the midst of it all. Choosing... as I tell my 3 year old what I have learned from our Pastor, that joy is a choice. "Its a choice to rejoice...The attitude that We presently have is the one that We have presently chosen." I tell my girl that all the time, and its a reminder to us adults to do the same. When we are unsure of what to do we can approach God and praise Him and get into His word and know we can be led my Him!I am encouraged that if we want change, we must rely on God to help us and not do it alone. "Change what your saying will change what your thinking." Prov 18:21 Life and death are in the power of your tongue. Meaning, what you say with your words is steering your boat. If you are saying negatives things then negative things are happening. If you are saying positive things then positive things will happen. Its using your words to Design your life, not DESCRIBE your life. I am learing such crucial information to really change and transform my life, not only mine but my daughters life too!

I am so thankful to know that God is an awesome loving God who takes care of us, and I am thankful for How he takes care of us. He uses different avenues to help us... ie through people: our friends and family, our church and so much more. So thankful for God in our lives. Our life is far from perfect but with God and having Him in our lives (we have to invite him in) makes it easier to handle the things that come our way! And EXPECT good things to come your way! Expectation: means Hope of something Good... lets start believing and expecting great things for us! Lets speak life over ourselves, our children, situations, circumstances and EXPECT change to take place and see results in our lives and the power of God change us and our situations! I am encouraged to change and really want to make a difference in my life, in other peoples lives and MY daughters life too! With God all things are possible. Phil 4:13 I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens ME!!



(Quotations above are nuggets by Pastor Jim from Joy Church International.)

No comments: